12 Month Hospitality Training Program in the USA
Buzz Hospitality is a small but growing multi-concept hospitality company with locations across the USA and in Dublin, Ireland. Our brands include Rí Rá Irish Pub (US), Keagan’s Irish Pub (US), TapHouse (Dublin) and Cat & Cage (Dublin). We have concepts in 5 locations across the United States in Las Vegas NV, Charlotte NC, Burlington VT, Portland ME and Virginia Beach VA. We are locally driven, whilst staying true to our Irish roots!
We are looking for eligible individuals, pursuing a career in hospitality, to join our Team in one of our Rí Rá Irish Pub (US) locations, for 12 months, as a Hospitality Trainee on the J1 Visa.
Please note: this is NOT the J1 Student Program, it is a program for those finished with education who view hospitality as their career & have the appropriate experience to qualify for the 12-month Visa (any candidates that are looking to join us via the student program OR that have secured a “Summer J1” and are looking for a position should stipulate that on a Cover Letter as part of their application).
To qualify for the 12-month J1 Visa Program Applicants must have either:
1. A 2-year+ Diploma or Degree that has a connection to ‘Hospitality’ related subjects AND at least 2 years work experience in the hospitality industry OR
2. 5+ years full time work experience in the hospitality industry (necessary if you have if no post GCSE / Leaving Cert qualifications as outlined above)
Please Note: Hospitality experience can consist of working in hotels, restaurants, pubs / bars or nightclubs.
The Buzz Hospitality J1 Program has been in operation for over 20 successful years. Many of our former ‘J1’ers’ have forged out fantastic careers for themselves in the hospitality industry on their return home, after their year in America!
What You Will be Doing
– Training in the service of food and beverages in a friendly, timely and accurate manner
– Training in elements related to the successful running of a hospitality business in the USA, including basic management functions
– Interacting with guests; generating and maintaining the “Real Irish Local” environment within the pub
– Maintaining an approach to a “guest experience” focus that centers itself around “Genuine Hospitality”
– Assisting in representing the brand and business at the local level
– 35-40 hours per week on average
– Experiencing US culture!
What You Will Get
– An hourly base package + tips – with a guaranteed minimum income
– Assistance in getting settled on arrival in the USA and in finding accommodation
– Health insurance (as part of the visa application process)
– Meal discounts
– Legal status to live in the USA and be employed by us for 12 months
– 30 days to travel at the end of the 12-month period
– Ongoing training and development in multiple facets of the hospitality industry
– A strong platform for future career growth in the industry when you get back home!
There is an associated application / visa processing fee with regards to the 12-month J1 visa, over half of which is covered by Buzz Hospitality. This fee also includes health insurance for the 12-months.
The total cost to the successful candidate is $980 (USD). The successful candidate will also have to factor in flight costs to and from the USA (which can vary in price).
We provide a document with complete program information and Frequently Asked Questions for all Applicants, so they can determine the suitability of the program prior to interview!
To request further information on the J1 Training Program, or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com.